TV, Film, Radio and Theatre Acting Credits
Alex in As You Like It - RSC touring 2019/20
Television & Film
Television & Film
Numerous TV appearances, including:
Jane Eyre, Fourth Arm, The Specials, Birds Of A Feather, Back up, Andorra, Saved, Boon, Hardcases.
Alex has appeared in three award-winning short films which he has collaborated on with the director, Ged Maguire - Greasy and Faster, Harder, Longer and Rhubarb and Roses which was also nominated for a BAFTA.
Recently played 'Paul the pimp' in English Bloody Rose, ‘Keith Loader’ in Doctors, BBC TV. ‘Nigel’ in Liveable Cities for Ashden Films.
Willy in "Blue Remembered Hills", New Vic, Stoke.
Katie in 'I'm a Minger!' Arts Theatre, London.
Highly commended in the final of the BBC Carleton Hobbs Radio Drama competition.
Alex has subsequently appeared in a wide variety of roles in over 50 plays, including:
Joe Taylor in his own play A Miracle In No Man's Land.
Joseph Derby in The Amazing Joseph Derby,
Tom Scott (sidekick to Tom Courtenay's "Quilp") in The Old Curiosity Shop, and Albion Tower which won a gold Sony award.
Alex also plays the villainous Clive Horrobin in The Archers.
Alex also recorded 10 episodes of Heartlands - Book at Bedtime for BBC Radio 4.
John Harrison - Longitude - an audio download for Greenwich Maritime Museum and other voice-overs for Monty Funk Productions.
With Fred Ridgeway in Swamp City, Birmingham Rep
In Timberlake Wertenbaker's Ash Girl
Toured and played theatre extensively, including:
BIRMINGHAM LIBRARY THEATRE
- Curtains: Michael | Director: Peter Wyne-Wilson
- Brighton Rock: Pinkie | Director: Jon Lingard-Lane
- Romeo and Juliet: Mercutio | Director: Jon Lingard-Lane
- Macbeth: Witch | Director: Jon Lingard-Lane
- The Mystery Cycles: Judas | Director: Jon Lingard-Lane
- Chase For The Case: Herman - Director: Guy Holland
- Secret Black And Midnight: Rollo The Dane (mad Viking) | Director: Steve Johnstone
- Precious Bane by Bryony Lavery: Beguildy and other characters | Director: Theresa Heskins
- Of Mice And Men - George
- Loot - Meadows | Director: Gwenda Hughes
- Peter Pan - Skylights and Lean Wolf | Director: Tony Clark
- The Tempest - Boatswain and Adrian | Director: Bill Alexander
- Swamp City by Paul Lucas - Lederman
- Ash Girl by Timberlake Wertenbaker - Slothworm | Director: Lucy Bailey
NEW VIC STOKE
- Blue Remembered Hills: Willy | Director: Laurie Sansom
- The Mysteries: Pilate | Director: Barry Kyle
- Gilgamesh: Supreme God Anu and other characters
OPERATING THEATRE COMPANY
- I'm A Minger! (one man play): Katie and thirty other characters | Director: Amy Bonsall
- Cathy All five male characters during National Tour, Edinburgh Festival, Soho Theatre and extra performances at the Labour Party Conference and the House of Lords | Director: Adrian Jackson.
ROYAL SHAKESPEARE COMPANY
- Taming of the Shrew and As You Like It - Lord and other characters, in | Directors: Kimberley Sykes and Justin Audibert.
5’7”. Blue Eyes. Shaved Head.
Having been a regular radio actor, Alex is very competent with many accents and dialects, including: RP, Worcester, Hereford, Shropshire, Manchester, London, Glaswegian, Irish, etc. Alex’ original native accent/dialect is Black Country/Birmingham.
Strong singing voice (tenor)
Some Martial Arts
Full Driving Licence
Can speak some Spanish
Musical instruments - a little piano, guitar
Did I mention playwright?
Alex is the lead singer in the rock band Bone Clocks, who cover high energy acts like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, punk bands Sex Pistols and The Clash as well as Oasis and David Bowie. Alex is also author of Stupid (a satirical song about Donald Trump) and Fifty Shades of Black.